Tuesday 13 January 2015

Tuesday Treats- Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free Brownies!



Hey all you wonderful people.
Oh, my, gosh..... I am SO excited about this post! I was experimenting in my kitchen last night and I made these little beauties, a healthy brownie that tastes divine... I just can't contain my love for these. I have been fighting the urge to eat the whole batch in one go ever since they came out of the oven. These brownies only have 6 whole food ingredients and are completely gluten and refined sugar free so they are an indulgent but not so naughty treat. Ok I can't hold it in any longer here we go;

Ingredients:

-2 large or 3 medium sweet potatoes.
-10 organic dates
-1/4 cup brown rice flour
-1/8 cup maple syrup
-1/4 cup raw cacao powder
-85% dark chocolate chocolate chips (optional)


Method:

-Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
-Peel, chop and steam your sweet potatoes until soft.
-Place in a blender with the chopped dates, blend until a smooth, creamy mixture is formed
-Mix in a bowl with the rice flour, raw cacao and maple syrup, until a gooey dough is formed.
-Mix in any optional extras- dark chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chilli, cinnamon....go on.....go crazy!
- Place the mixture in a baking tray and bake in the oven until cooked through but still gooey on the inside - about 20 minutes but keep checking on these babies!
- Once cooked take out and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.


I really hope you enjoy these as much as I do, for any of you that come round to my house in the near future I can guarantee that there will be a batch of these somewhere in the kitchen.

Have a great week, everyone. As always keep in touch, I love hearing from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment