Sunday 7 September 2014

A healthy millionaire shortbread





Hello :)
So this weekend my boyfriend brought back very very naughty millionaire shortbread desserts home for after our Sunday roast -(chicken with roasted sweet potato and mountains of veg!)
It made me think of different ways I could come up with a healthier alternative to my absolute favourite dessert. Once the chicken was in I had 2 hours to come up with something, and quite frankly I was super happy with the result. Here is my recipe :

Ingredients:
Gluten free oats
Almond butter 
Coconut oil 
Coconut sugar/palm sugar
Raw cacao 

Method:

-Heat 1/8 cup of coconut oil and 1/8 cup almond butter in a pan then mix in 1/2 cup of oats in.
-Pat this mixture into the bases of two small glass pots, place in the fridge to cool
-Meanwhile heat 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup coconut or palm sugar to make a caramel esque mixture.
-Pour this mixture on top of the oats and place back into the fridge.
-Lastly make my easy homemade chocolate by melting 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/8 cup raw cacao together and then sweetening to taste with coconut sugar.
- Again pour this mixture on top of the caramel and leave in the fridge for at least and hour to cool.

Enjoy! As always please let me know if you try this and if you loved it as much as I did! 




No comments:

Post a Comment