Sunday 24 August 2014

Circuits…..One of the easiest DIY workouts!



Hey Guys!!
Recently I have been so manically busy with work I have found it extremely hard to be able to get to classes that fit around my schedule. I am not a gym lover, personally I don't want to look overly muscular or anything resembling a body builder, my aim is to be fit, happy healthy and toned, but sometimes I find it hard to motivate myself when I can't get to a class. 
I am not someone who can run for hours or go to the gym by myself, I just tend to get bored! So I found the perfect solution for me….an at home DIY circuits class.
The format is really easy and it is so good for anyone with a short attention span like myself or if you get bored by doing the same things.
Here is what I do:

Grab a piece of paper, write out SET A and then number the lines 1-8.
Below write SET B and again number the lines 1-8.
You then need to write out 8 different exercises for each set targeting different parts of your body, I like to make Set A and Set B completely different, but if you want to repeat some exercises that is totally fine!
Here is an example of one of mine :)

I like to put my cardio exercises as numbers 1&5 so that they are spread evenly throughout your workout.
I have also put in exercises with weights, if you don't have weights at home you can do other exercises or get experimental with what you can use as substitute weights!

Then once you've sorted out your exercises grab a timer. Do each exercise in Set A for 1 minute with a 20-30 second rest in between, then do the same for Set B.
On the second time around increase your time doing the exercises to 1 1/2 minutes still with a 20-30 second rest. 

I hope this is helpful for some of you! Let me know if you try it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment