Tuesday 1 July 2014

Triyoga Rooftop Yoga Event at Selfridges.

The rooftop restaurant at Selfridges


Beautiful flowers to enhance the experience.

A Picture- Perfect morning, what a heavenly sight!

Post class cold pressed fresh juices served in the sunshine - pick your colour :)

A chance to soak in the sun after class with a carrot juice and my new triyoga tote bag.

Hello All :)
So this morning I ventured into central London for the first of Triyoga's rooftop yoga classes held in the Q Rooftop restaurant on the roof of Selfridges. The weather was perfect, the sun blazed down on us and not a cloud in the sky, we could not have dreamt up better conditions! 
I took the express lift in Selfridges that takes you straight up to the roof, once out of the lift I walked down a corridor filled with different paintings and photographs before emerging into the restaurant. 
This restaurant is like a little slice of cool& calm in the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street (I will definitely be going back to sample some food, especially as I spied a gluten and dairy free cake!)

The outside garden area had been cleared and all our mats lay out in the sunshine, I was early as always so I picked a mat near the front and sat stretching watching all of my fellow yogis turn up one by one dressed ever so fashionably in a mix of Lulu Lemon and Sweaty Betty, everyone amazed by the view, snapping pictures and chatting away - the atmosphere was electric yet calming and friendly enhanced with the beautiful flowers that surrounded us, it was a sea of tranquility in our far too busy modern lives.

The class itself, although shorter than most yoga classes triyoga offer (it was an hour class) was brilliant, a vinyasa flow class that was tailored to any level you needed....beginners poses if thats what you need but also a balancing crow pose, binding and one legged toe grip side planks just to make sure we got the most out of our flowing practise we even managed to try a one legged and one armed downward dog- I know it sounds crazy but it works your core like mad and I even managed to hold it even if it was all of a few seconds!

After the class I was feeling like I could float around for a week, I was so relaxed and felt happier and healthier than I have for such a long time. We were greeted with a post class juice with a choice of green, beetroot or my choice which was carrot and tumeric, it was delicious and the perfect end to an amazing morning.

If any of you are around in London this summer I would urge you to go and try this out. You will not regret it, I promise.  It is being held every Tuesday morning until September (in case of rain it will be cancelled but you will get a full refund) You can find all details about the class and how to book here
I am definitely going to be going again so maybe I will see some of you there!

Have a great week :)



1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic event! I wish I was a little closer to London so I could come along! xx

    http://healthjen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete